Wednesday, October 24, 2012

How to Pee in a Cup



Yes... you must. Now, let's get started, shall we?
  1. Empty bladder immediately before appointment so as to have nothing left in the tank. Realize too late that you will once again need to provide a "sample". Start mentally preparing bladder to squeeze out a few drops during walk to washroom.
  2. Drop empty cup on the floor and/or in sink so as to alert everyone in the vicinity what you are about to do in there.
  3. Sit and hold cup awkwardly somewhere in the general area, waiting for precious few drops to emerge. Coax drops out with closed eyes and good thoughts.
  4. Circle cup wildly trying to capture drops, while not being able to actually see anything as belly is obscuring view. Attempt to push belly out of the way to be able to see down there - fail.
  5. Use sound to guide the pee into the cup. Curse to yourself when you hear dripping into toilet instead of cup.
  6. Pee all over your hand and outside of cup. Curse some more. For added bonus, get a few drops on pants and/or floor.
  7. Curse the geniuses who never invented a better way to do this. Think about inventing a pee cup with a funnel.
  8. Gently, gingerly, raise cup and put on lid. Carefully!
  9. Spend 5 minutes trying to clean up mess. Try not to dwell on the fact that you're holding a warm cup of your own pee.
  10. If you're one of the lucky ones: hand over warm bottle to receptionist in person. Try not to make eye contact. Otherwise leave said bottle in inconspicuous place and hope it's found by the appropriate person. 

Jesus pee cup
Good job, you did it. Jesus approves.

3 comments:

  1. teehee
    I never thought about the point where I wouldn't be able to seeee! Don't know how I'm gunna do this in a week! Wish me luck!
    and keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just the most awkward thing? I always feel like such a klutz when I am doing it. And you know how they have those little windows you stick them into? I am always scared I will open it to put my pee in and find it open from the other side.

    That would be just so weird.

    Kiran

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mastered peeing in a cup when I was pregnant. All you have to do it put the cup against your lady parts....like push the cup against your skin so that there is nowhere for the pee to go besides in the cup. Once I figured this out I don't think I ever peed on my hand again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!