Monday, July 02, 2012

First harvest

Apparently ignoring the garden (for the most part) still results in veggies growing. All by themselves. Imagine!

Turns out I have one very productive bed, and one very sad one. Mostly due to poor planning on my part... And assuming the leeks would grow faster and bigger than they did.

In any event we were able to actually pick a few things today! So exciting! We got some green lettuce, mizuna and arugula (so glad I didn't give up on these guys... I nearly did), green onions, and one little carrot.

We're having salad tonight my friends!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great - but, what's mizuna? (from Aunt AM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mizuna is the spiky-looking lettuce on the left in the first picture. It's a really nice tasting addition to salads, and makes them a little more interesting.

      Delete
  2. I am going to try a garden next year (raised garden) in a dead area of my yard. We'll see what i can grow!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!