Sunday, March 25, 2012

SO excited about my new Project

Project with a capital 'P' - gotta love it.

I'm so excited about this new one though. So much so that tonight I spent 45 minutes standing in the middle of my kitchen, dishwasher half-emptied, pouring over Niki Jabbour's The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener. Niki is a local gardener, radio show host, and writer, and her book is not only beautiful, but inspiring, and easy to follow for a newbie like me.

I am going to grow vegetables.

So so so excited about this. We have to find the right spot, and I'm thinking two long beds, 4x8, raised. I've got to get started on some seeds (including those I picked up today at a seed exchange). I have a lot to learn, and a lot to do. But, if I can grow enough to have just one salad of things I grew myself this summer, I will consider it a huge success :)

Now, off to bed, to dream of dirt...

5 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, don't grow pumpkins!

    Otherwise, awesome project good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Let me know hjow it goes, Sarah. We've been talking about doing a small veggie garden too. My aunt did one a couple years ago that was really neat. If I can get a bit of time, we may try it too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stu - I'm thinking about one pumpkin, on the edge of the garden, just to try it... We'll see...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what we're planning this year too! I really think the little ones will enjoy getting dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my dream, as well. Unfortunately, I have a huge brown thumb, and it has never worked for me :( Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!