Monday, October 01, 2007

Won't nap!

Since Matt's 4-month appt we've been trying to get him to nap in his crib, per Dr's orders. Also I've been trying to break him of the habit of nursing to sleep.

So far it's going miserably. He's gone a couple of days without napping except to fall asleep at 5pm completely exhausted, only to wake up again an hour later. And only after nursing him to sleep.

I'm pretty much at my wit's end. I don't know what to do... He's been getting up earlier lately, around 7:00 am, and I've been bringing him into our bed to nurse and sleep more. I think that's totally screwing up his day.

We're going to try imposing a routine/schedule starting tomorrow that looks like this:
7:00 am - wake & feed, play
9:00 am - down for nap (riiiiight)
10:30ish - wake & feed, go for walk
12:30ish - down for nap #2 (ha)
2:30ish - wake & feed, play
5:00 pm - nap
6:30ish - wake & feed, play
7:30 - start bedtime routine (bath, massage, feed, stories, lights out, say goodnight)
8:30pm - asleep (hahahaha)

All this hinges on getting him to sleep at all, which is a big joke. I seriously do not know what to do - he is just refusing to sleep during the day no matter what I do. And then at night we go through the whole routine only to cave and nurse him or rock him to sleep. This has got to end! I am tearing out my hair!!!

I just have no clue how to get him to sleep during the day without rocking, walking, or otherwise lulling him to sleep... even then it rarely works. UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!