The countdown is on, and after last week's L&D 'practice run' it's becoming even more real: we will be bringing a baby home within a month. Whaaaa? I don't understand!
There's still so much for us to do to get ready... And between back pain, Braxton Hicks contractions, ribs being pulled apart slowly, and general 9-month-pregnant exhaustion, I just can't seem to get more than one thing per day done. People keep telling me things like "You're so close!"... "Could be any day now!"... "You will have that baby before you know it!"... And I want to punch them in the throat. Because I AM NOT READY. Stop telling me it's nearly over because I NEED MORE TIME. I know when you get to the end of pregnancy generally people are just done (and don't get me wrong, I am done with being uncomfortable, popping pills, not sleeping, etc.....), but I am NOT ready for a baby.
A BABY, yo.
Anyway just to keep things on track (haaaa!), I thought I'd jot down the to-do list as it stands today:
- write birth plan & review with doc
- get leave paperwork sorted with work
- finish painting nursery walls
- put up wall decorations, wash & put up curtains
- wash bedding, towels, blankets & clothing
- put clothing away
- make wipes
- assemble crib, set up with Angelcare monitor
- set up changing table, incl. wipes warmer with reusable wipes
- set up bassinet in Master bedroom
- dig out & wash baby bath, swing, car seat, bouncy chair, breastfeeding pillow, Moby
- install car seat in van (move other carseats around...)
- make up contact & info sheets for neighbours in case they end up taking care of kids while in labour
- repack L&D bag and baby bag for hospital
- cook meals for the freezer
- get a pedicure and haircut (hehe okay these are 'extra'... but would be nice!)
So...... yeah. If anyone would like to come over and knock a few of these things off my list, that would be great! :)
In other news, I took a few photos this week and thought I'd share! Feeling rather rotund!
Previous: Week 35: Holidaze & a Cheap Tour of L&D